Nawada district is one of the thirty-eight district of Bihar State and Nawada town is the administrative headquarters of this district. It occupies an area of 2,494 square kilometers (963 sq mi) and is located at 24.88N 85.53E. Headquarters town of the subdivision of the same name, lying on both sides of the river Khuri in 24º 53’ N and 85º 33’ E. population (1901) 5,908.The name is a corrupt-ion of Nau-abad or the new town. It is divided into two blocks by the river, the Portion on the left bank being the older, while that on right bank is modern and Contains public offices, sub-jail, dispensary and school. Since the opening of The South Bihar Railway, on which it is a station, Nawada has been growing into an important trade centre. Two miles to the north there is a handsome Jain temple standing in the middle of a large tank to the west of the public road, but town itself contains no important buildings and has but little historical interest.
Before its acquisition by the East India Company, it was ruled by the nearly independent Rajas of Hisua, and after its acquisition it was the center of great disorder till 1845, when it became the headquarters of the newly created subdivision. The elements of disorder came to the front again during the Mutiny, when Nawada was overrun by marauding parties. The local offices were destroyed, but the Government record was saved by the native officials who hide them in a cave in a neighborin.
Hisua Town and police outpost in the Nawada subdivision situated on the right bank of the river Tailya on the Gaya-Nawada road, 9 miles from Nawada and 27 miles from Gaya town, in 24º30’ N and 85º25’ E. Population (1901) 6,704. It has a considerable reputation for the manufacture of ornamental pottery, contains the residence of several wealthy zamindars, and has recently gained some commercial importance Railway. The place is also of some historical interest as having been the Headquaters of Namdar Khan and Kamgar Khan, military adventures of the eighteenth century. Previous to the permanent settlement, Namdar Khan and his brother, Kamgar Khan was amils of subahdars. The former owned 14 parganas and 84 ghatwali gadis or rent free tenures, which extended beyond the confines of the district into Patna and Hazaribagh.
WARISALIGANG Warisaliganj to the north of Nawada Town is an important mart, founded by Waris Ali Khan, a member of the family Kamgar Khan. Warisaligang, the name is some time spelt Worseleygang from an erroneous belief that it was named after Mr. Worseley, a former Deputy Magistrate of Nawada.
SITAMARHI A name given to a curious isolated boulder lying 1.5 miles south of Gaya –Nawada road and 6 miles south-west of Hasua in the Nawada Subdivision. In the boulder it has been excavated a small chamber about 16 feet long by 11 feet wide, and tradition relates that it was in this cave that sita lived during her exile and gave birth to Lava. The interior has been chiseled to a smooth polish, which is equal to that of the Barabar caves, and contains several sculptures, including a statue said to represent Sita and her two sons. The main figure is however that of a male and it has been suggested that it may be a figure of Buddha with two attendants. The neighborhood is also hallowed in Hindu mythology, as Lava and Kusa are said to have fought with Ram’s army on the wide uplands near this boulder. About a mile to the east is a group of bare and rocky but picturesque hills, which are covered with ruins. On one of these near the village of Rasulpura, is the tomb of a local saint named Sheikh Muhammad. Judging from the style of the dome, the building dates from a very early period, and it no doubt occupies the site off some older Hindu shrine. A mile to the north- east of Sitamarhi is the village of Barat, where the poet and saint Valmiki is said to have lived when Sita was sent into exile. It was at his order that Viswakarma, the architect of the gods, constructed the rock cave for her. At present the only object of interest at this place is an old mud fort standing on a high mound.
KAKOLAT Historical and mythological our eminent Kakolat is situated on a very sweetly beautiful hill named Kakolat hill. Although every inch of kakolat is panoramic view as the gift of goddess nature but sweet spring of Kakolat is the supreme bliss. It is a waterfall in Govindpur police station, about 21 miles away from Nawada. After going 9-1/4 miles from Nawada on Ranchi road, a pucca road known as Govindpur Akbarpur road diverts from there .Just below the fall there is a deep reservoir natural in character. The fall is about 150 to 160 feet, from the ground level. The scene is panoramic due to all round green forest area which is very pleasant to the eyes. It is a picturesque waterfall in Nawada district, popular with tourists due to its scenic surroundings. The falls also play a role in Hindu mythology, when according to legend an ancient king was turned into a python by a rishi's curse and lived within the falls. This is one of the best waterfall in India. Water of this fall is cold in whole year. The better season for tourist is summer.